Programs For Job Seekers
We CAN Help You!
Are you unemployed, under-employed or do you have barriers preventing you from employment? Has your place of employment recently down-sized or closed?
We can help with funding and training for apprenticeships for both employers and job seekers!
Our experienced staff can help you find an apprenticeship and obtain funding and grants available for the skilled trade you are interested in.
These important sectors are in high demand and we invite you to discover the trade that appeals to you! We also recommend checking out our workshops that will help with a variety of "personal tools" to get you moving.
- What is Apprenticeship?
- Apprentice Search
- Apprenticeship Training Guide for Employers
- Apprenticeship Subsidies
- Trade Certifications from Ontario College of Trades
- Loans for Tools Program(s)
- Ontario College of Trades
- Apprenticeship Incentive Grant
- Local Apprenticeship Information
- Training and Learning Institutions
- Red Seal
Second Career is a cost-sharing grant provided on the basis of need, so you may be asked to contribute what you can to your training or education
Second Career provides laid-off workers with:
- skills training to help them find jobs in high-demand occupations in Ontario
- financial support to assist in covering cost of retraining
Book an appointment with a Case Manager to determine your eligibility today! They will want to know about your:
- work history
- job search activities
Second Career provides UP TO $28,000 for:
- other institutional costs such as manuals or workbooks
- a basic living allowance to those who qualify
Additional support may be available to accommodate the needs of people with disabilities, dependent care, costs of living away from home or academic upgrading
The W.I.N.D.O.W. program provides Employability Assessments to individuals who have perceived barriers to employment that are not clearly identified.
Is this Program for You?
If you are an Ontario Works recipient and have an employment barrier that affects your ability to obtain and/or maintain employment, this program is for you! You will receive the help you need to develop an appropriate employment action plan that takes into consideration specific limitations or barriers affecting your employability.
Your Assessment May Help:
- Determine your employment potential
- Assess your skills and strengths
- Explore your career choices
- Establish realistic goals
- Create strategies to assist with your return to work
- Identify a disability
New To Canada
If you are a newcomer and eligible to work in Canada, we can help you!