Services For Job Seekers
We CAN Help You!
Are you unemployed, under-employed or do you have barriers preventing you from employment? Has your place of employment recently down-sized or closed?
Employment Resources & Services
We offer one-to-one employment counselling with our qualified and friendly staff. Call Us Today to set up an appointment!
We also offer a large number of workshops to help you find and keep the job. For a list of workshops and their descriptions and to find out what is going on this month, View Workshops.
Some clients may be eligible for training supports to help them gain the skills to increase their ability to find and keep employment.
Some services may have suitability requirements which will be assessed by your counsellor but some level of service is available to all clients who are eligible to work in Canada.
PROGRAMS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
We provide vocational rehabilitation services to all persons with ability limitations. Our referrals come from the Ontario Disability Support Program, Canada Pension Plan, Workplace Safety & Insurance Board, Service Canada and private insurance. You can also self-refer to our services by giving us a call.
Resource & Information Centre
Our Resource and Information Centre is open daily from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday.
It is available to all members of the community and provides a wide variety of services and resources to support you in your job search.
- Job banks accessible through links on the desktops of computers
- Job postings posted in print and updated daily on our job board
- Education and training information
- Career planning resources
- Resources to help with resume, cover letter and interviews
- Apprenticeship information
- Labour market information
- Information for employers
- Community resources
- Access to a fax machine, copier, computers, internet and phones
- Scanning and printing services (10 page daily limit, for job search purposes only)